This week we are exploring another American city. We caught up with fashion blogger Tiffany Battle, the fashionista behind The Werk! Place, who is based in Phoenix, Arizona (and is also from Detroit!!!!!). I have never been to Phoenix and quite frankly when I found out she lived there I became very curious, as I did not know there were many black people, if any at all, living there.
Below see what she has to say about things to do should you ever be in Phoenix. After reading her list and seeing her pictures, my mouth is watering and I am ready for a hike. Phoenix is definitely on my list now!
What do you do and why?
I’m the Personal Style Blogger for The Werk! Place (http://www.the-werk-place.com)
Where are you from?
Michigan (Detroit What?!)
Where do you live?
I have been living in the Sonoran Desert a.k.a. Phoenix, Arizona for *gasp* nine years
Five Things to Do in Phoenix
- Take a Hike! Literally. Arizona has really amazing views and you’ll have to climb a mountain to really take it all in. I’ve been and may have almost died on Camelback Mountain. I’ve survived the Quartz Trail on the McDowell Sonoran Preserve, North Mountain and the San Tan Regional Mountain.
- Grub a Dub Dub! Eat at the original Lo Lo’s Chicken & Waffles located in Phoenix, enjoy the guacamole made tableside at the Mission in Scottsdale, don’t miss out on the surf and turf tacos at Chelsea’s Kitchen, and always get the truffle butter at Steak 44.
- Relax and Rejuvenate Get a massage, grab a glass of champagne and lay out by the pool at the Montelucia Resort and Spa. Check out Groupon or Travel Zoo for special deals and promotions. Other Spa recommendations include: Fairmont Scottsdale, Sanctuary and Hyatt Regency Gainey Ranch.
- Day Trippin’ Take a day trip to Sedona, AZ. Eat at the Elote Café, take a Pink Jeep Tour, go Yoga Hiking with Yogi Blair and have your aura read at the Mystical Bazaar.
- Great Photo Ops Take a walk around Roosevelt Row to experience Phoenix’s ever-changing graffiti art scene.
Where can people find you online?
Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat: @thewerkplace