Jet Black x Haiti
For the inaugural group trip for Jet Black, Haiti was a no-brainer. Not only is the country beautiful, but it has a very rich history. As the first black independent nation, they fought off the British, French and Spanish to gain their freedom.
In April, I traveled to Haiti for the first time. The trip to Haiti marked the 50th country that I visited and I could not have asked for a better vacation. The narrative of Haiti is one that is often riddled with tales of poverty and a country slowly recovering from disaster. What they rarely tell you about Haiti is that it is one of the most mountainous countries in the Caribbean and has countless pristine beaches with clear blue water.
During the five days that we are in Haiti we will explore the capital, Port-au-Prince, learn about the history and culture of the country and get a taste of the nightlife. We will then head south to Jacmel and take in the beauty of the Haitian coast. While in Jacmel you will have the chance to just stay by the beach and soak up some rays or go on adventurous excursions and take in what the city and mountains have to offer.
- Thursday, November 5 – Tuesday, November 10
- 16 spots
- $900 based on double occupancy. Does not include airfare.
- accommodations at a five star hotel in Port-au-Prince and a beachside resort
- ground transportation
- excursions: Iron Market, Barbencourt Rum Distillery, Musee de Pantheon National Haitien
- breakfast daily
- 10 digital images taken by a professional photographer throughout the trip
- $100 non-refundable deposit is required to secure your spot.
- If interested, send an email to email@example.com
I am extremely interested in going to the planned trip to Haiti. I have longed to go since reading Edwidge Dandicat books years ago but was discouraged because I did not speak creole. I would like to learn more about the itinerary and money deposit amounts. Thanks.
P.S. your travel pictures are amazing….