I had the pleasure of spending three weeks in Italy with my boyfriend prior to our move to Benin. I have always been in love with the idea of Italy, but only traveled to the country once this summer. I spent three days in Rome and it was a total disaster, so this three week stint was much anticipated. I spent two weeks in Napoli (the home of the bf) and we traveled to Rome, through Tuscany (Siena, Pienza, Firenze (Florence) and a few other places) and Bologna. The trip was amazing and Italy was a great choice to spend my last three weeks in the western world.
Why I Love Italy
- I have completely fallen in love with scooters. I will be buying a Vespa when I move to Italy 🙂
- Pizza!! Being in the birthplace of pizza, Napoli to be exact, has been a gift from the heavens. If you consider yourself a foodie be sure to visit Il Pizzaiolo Del Presidente. Super yummy pizza for five euros. Even Bill Clinton has eaten there!
- Tiramisu and gelato. Need I say more?
- Cafe also known as coffee or espresso. I really just love the idea of espresso after a meal, but I have to have mine with two tiny spoons of sugar and latte (milk)
- My bf’s hilarious Italian friends who do not speak much English, but manage to make loads of joke with few English words.
- Awesome Italian mothers who work and cook full meals twice per day.
- Wine at lunch without awkward stares. 🙂
- Limoncello: a yummy liquor treat to help with post dinner digestion.
- Siestas and the easy work life. I am still taken aback by the fact that some businesses close in the middle of the day for three hours but I can appreciate their lifestyle.
Here is a picture of me in Pienza, in front of a home that I wouldn’t mind buying.